Title: Top 10
Author: Katie Cotugno
Publication: October 3rd 2017
Ryan McCullough and Gabby Hart are the unlikeliest of friends. Introverted, anxious Gabby would rather do literally anything than go to a party. Ryan is a star hockey player who can get any girl he wants—and does, frequently. But against all odds, they became not only friends, but each other’s favorite person. Now, as they face high school graduation, they can’t help but take a moment to reminisce and, in their signature tradition, make a top ten list—counting down the top ten moments of their friendship:
10. Where to begin? Maybe the night we met.
9. Then there was our awkward phase.
8. When you were in love with me but never told me…
7. Those five months we stopped talking were the hardest of my life.
6. Through terrible fights…
5. And emotional makeups.
4. You were there for me when I got my heart broken.
3. …but at times, you were also the one breaking it.
2. Above all, you helped me make sense of the world.
1. Now, as we head off to college—how am I possibly going to live without you?
MY RATING: 4/5
I received an arc from Harper Collins in exchange for an honest review.
Let’s start this review off with me saying that I love Katie’s works. I adored How to Love, and yes, 99 days was kind of problematic, and I didn’t really read her other release from this year, Fireworks, yet but I still hold onto the fact that she will be one of my automatic buys. Have you seen the cover designs of her books? Granted, I shouldn’t be purchasing a book based on it’s cover art because the graphic designer does not affect the contents of the book but fellow booknerds, we know we’re on the same page when we say a prettier cover definitely holds our interest.