I didn’t know this book was a movie until the trailer absolutely blew up my social media feeds. Facebook, Instagram, and if I was still on Tumblr, Tumblr was probably blowing up too. If you don’t know me yet, I’m a major fan of romance so this movie and book seemed so appropriate for me.
And if we all know something about trailers is that they give away far too much of the plot. That is why I decided to read the book first before watching the trailer. You can read my book review for Me Before You Here
If you haven’t watched the trailer yet:
My reactions are pretty much summed up like this
- Sam Claflin is a total hottie.
- Emilia Clarke is a freaking babe
- Oh my god they kept my favourite quotes
- “Tell me something good.”
- SHE’S SHAVING HIS FACE
- He cut his hair
- SHE’S WEARING HER RED DRESS
- I DIDN’T KNOW JENNA COLEMAN WAS IN THIS ?! JENNA IS LIFE
- Emilia’s wardrobe for her character is really weird but that is perfect because her character, Lou, dresses exactly like that
What I would have liked more from this trailer
- This book isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. This trailer shows that side which is disappointing because it could have focused way more on Will’s struggles than Lou’s struggle with finding her place in the small town she lives in
- There could have been more angst and heartbreak because both of them are venturing into places they do not know
- The trailer hardly showed the plot of the movie which is good but I feel like it’s not captivating enough for a large audience to see it if they haven’t read the book
- This trailer pretty much makes it into another chick flick movie coming out in the summer and I don’t think it’s a good marketing angle to take when there are going to be major movie releases in the hotter months
What are your thoughts on the trailer or book? Leave me a comment and let’s start a discussion!